The end of the year is fast approaching! Teachers are wracking their brain trying to come up with end of the year activities. How about a classroom transformation? Classroom transformations are fun and leave your students with lasting memories of a fun-filled day! What better way to bring in summer than a beach day classroom transformation?! Check out the ideas below to bring the beach to your classroom!
Beach & End of the Year-Themed Activities
First things first, students can still learn during a classroom transformation, even an end-of-year one! Lucky Little Learners has LOADS of ideas that will work nicely for this special day.
End of the Year Memory Book
Lapbooks are engaging, hands-on and fun! While Lucky Little Learners has quite a few lapbooks (check them out HERE), the End of Year Book will fit in best with your end of year beach party.
This lapbook is a great way for students to look back and remember this crazy year! Assign as a center or done whole group! Check out a post all about this lapbook HERE!
End of the Year Math Centers
Why not make the whole math lesson summer themed on your beach day? These May Math Centers can be prepped ahead of time, are great for review of skills taught through the year, and will be fun for students. (Teachers can also get some much-needed individual student assessment, packing, or prepping done during the centers!)
The Second Grade Centers feature the following skills:
The First Grade Centers feature the following skills:
Want to read more about these centers? click HERE.
End of the Year Math Puzzles
Math puzzles mix art & math! Customize these spring and summer-themed puzzles to fit the needs of your classroom:
- Print them in color, laminate, pre-cut for the students, and kids can write and wipe
- Give them the black and white version, have them color and cut out to solve
- Give students the mixed-up black and white version for an extra challenge!
Writing End of the Year Activities
When it comes time for the daily writing, stick with the end of the year theme and pass out the May Writing Passages! Students could choose from several prompts OR give them a teacher-selected passage.
When students are done, they can have an author’s share time and read their writing, preferably with beach music playing in the background.
Seeds & Planting End of the Year Activities
Want to incorporate some science into the day? Why not seeds and planting? (Students could even plant a real plant if there is time and resources to do so!)
The seeds & planting unit comes with mini books, interactive lapbook pieces and some art. What a fun way to wind up the day! Check out the Seeds & Planting activities HERE.
Beachy Snacks, Decor & Ambiance
Now that your lessons and centers are set, the classroom should look and feel a bit like the beach! (Summer vibes!)
What good party doesn’t have food?! There are lots of great beach-themed snacks teachers (or student/parent volunteers) can bring them in!
(OR to be SUPER simple, have students bring in their OWN snack/drink.)
Check out these ideas that were found in our Lucky 2nd Grade Teachers Facebook group:
- Jello with tiny umbrellas! Need the umbrellas? Find them on Amazon below: (This is an affiliate link, so if you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
2. Fruit Punch-what drink is more beachy than this?!
3. Fruit-Can be as simple as fruit cocktail, to the fancy fruit kabobs pictured above!
4. Cute plates/accessories similar to the ones pictured can be found below.
Want to ramp up your end of year beach transformation? Here are MORE ideas from our facebook group:
Decor Featured in Photographs
Now that the tables are set, and snacks dished out, it’s time to set the beachy vibe! Check out these videos below!
- Play some LIMBO Music and get out a jump rope for a limbo competition!
- Need some exercise time? Have students have a beachball volleyball tournament. (Could even use a balloon!) Students can play in pairs (or individually) and count how many volleys they can get without the ball hitting the ground!
Are you STOKED for this fun end of the year classroom transformation?! Want more ideas like this? Check out our previous classroom transformation posts!
Remember, we are better together! Happy teaching!