Distance teaching is hard! We get it! Let us take away half the work. Check out this free (editable) distance learning daily assignment template AND tips on how to use it.
Editing the Look of the Template
This template has editable boxes such as the date, teacher notes section, and subject area boxes and clip art icons.
- To edit the subject headings or daily assignments, simply highlight and type what you need.
- To change the clip art icons next to each subject area, click on “Add Ons” in the Google Slide top menu. Search “Flat icons” and select the “Icons for Slides and Docs” add on. (In this Add on you can search for icons to change out.)
- To change the color of any shape outline, click on the shape and the pencil icon in the top menu. A color drop down will appear.
- To change the subject area boxes, click on them. You can drag them around, resize them or even delete them.
- To change the heading, delete the provided one and add a text box. You can now type in your desired heading.
- To change the background of the assignment slide, click “Background” from the top menu.
- From here you can change the background color, add your own image,
Sharing the Template out to Students
When it is time to share your daily agenda with students, follow these quick steps.
- Click the “Share” button in the top right corner.
- Under “Get Link” click “Copy Link”.
- Paste the link into a new tab.
- Delete everything after the last backslash in the link.
- Type “present” after the backslash. (This makes it so students cannot drag around your text boxes or icons.)
- Copy your new link and share out to students on your school’s online platform.
- Don’t have Google Classroom? This link can be used in ANY platform!
- If you want to embed it in a different platform, click “File”, “Download” then select “PDF”. The links will still be clickable in a PDF format.
Adding Links in the Template
- First, type in the names of your assignments/activities under each subject area.
- Highlight the text you want to link.
- Click the link icon.
- You can link to other slides in the presentation (If you add them), a video, online meeting links, Google documents you’ve created or an online activity.
- TIP: if you have Google Classroom or Seesaw, link directly to the assignment you have created so you get their results without them having to click “Share”.
Hopefully this daily assignments template allows you to have more time for other things in your oh so busy teaching day!