This could be due to one of two issues:
- You’re not using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF. You can download it for free here https://get.adobe.com/reader/ (it’s available for both Mac or PC). Once you download and install Reader, open the PDF again.
- You’re using a Mac, and your default PDF viewer isn’t Adobe Acrobat Reader. Macs use an application called Preview by default, which may not work 100% with all PDF files. If your Mac opens the PDF on Preview, follow these steps to open your PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed
2. Highlight the PDF you want to open
3. Go to “File” at the top of your screen
4. Choose “Open With”
5. Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”
After installing Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may be prompted to make it the default program for opening PDF files. It’s a good idea to say yes, so it’ll be quicker the next time you view or print.