First, determine what file type you’re having trouble printing. If it’s a ZIP file, you’ll need to uncompress the file first before you can print the components. Here’s how you can open a Zip file.
- Right-click on the unopened ZIP folder.
- Choose “Extract All” from the menu that opens.
- Choose a destination. This is the place where you want to keep the unzipped files. You can choose “My Documents,” for example.
- Click “Extract.
If the file is a PDF, especially a PDF with a lot of graphics, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you’re opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can find it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/. Once this application is downloaded and installed to your computer:
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Click “Print”
- In the “Page Sizing & Handling” section, select “Shrink Oversized Pages” if needed
- Click on “Advanced”
- Check the “Print as Image” box
- Print the document