It’s time to talk math centers for January! Winter has officially arrived. Up here in Minnesota the snow is piling up, the temperatures are below freezing, and the snow sports are in full force. I use these winter themed math centers as a way of practicing skills that have already been taught to my students. We use math centers after the whole group lesson. They are a great way to reinforce the math concepts in an engaging way. Let’s take a closer look at the 10 winter math centers that have just been released!
The math skills that are covered in these center activities include:
- 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping
- Expanded Form using 3-Digit Numbers
- 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping
- 2-Step Story Problems (Addition and Subtraction)
- Adding Money (Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Half Dollars)
- Mental Math Using 3 Numbers
- Estimating and Measuring to the Nearest Inch
- 2D Geometry Shape Identification and Attributes
- Place Value (Standard Form, Expanded Form, Number Word, and Base 10 Blocks)
All of the math centers are available in full color (as pictured above) or in black and white to meet your printing needs. Each center comes with a direction sheet and recording sheet. The recording sheets are great for accountability and for the teacher to check for understanding when they can’t be at that center. All center recording sheets include an answer key for quick and easy correcting as well.
If you’d like to try out one of these math centers in your classroom, you can grab this addition and subtraction math center for free!